Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: MURAD Oil Control Mattifier SPF15

Share it Please

Hello. I have a review today to share with everyone. Here's the story I came about buying this super duper expensive product ($39.99 USD) at Sephora:

I have an orientation for college in early June and we were suppose to take our ID picture that day so I got my make-up and hair done all ready to take my ID picture; however, we didn't get to take our ID picture until 4 hours later and by then my face had been all mess up from the summer heat in California. I have pretty oily skin and eyelids so my water-proof but not oil-proof mascara smear all over my under eyes making me look like a panda. Unfortunately for myself, I didn't bring an mirror and the line to take ID picture was long so I decided not go to the restroom and check my makeup. When I took my ID picture and got my printed ID few minutes later, I regretted not going to the restroom for touch up. My face looked like a deep fried karage (fried chicken) and I had panda eyes. Needless to say, I came back home searching for a product that could hold my grease up for at least 6-8 hours and a couple Google search and YouTube videos brought me to this product. There was so much hyped for it from YouTube gurus that I decided to order mine from Sephora at the price of $39.99 for 50ml tube.


Here's how it applies:

The opening to the tube is SUPER DUPER unfriendly and the product always spills all over the place. The size it small enough to carry around in a bag or purse but I wouldn't recommend it because the cap opens easily.
 Applies on just like normal sunscreen and texture is quite similar to regular sunscreen.
 Once spread out the product looks like this.
The product dries to a matte finish which is quite nice but the grease return after 2 or 3 hours for me. Like I said, I have quite oily skin. It didn't break me out which is a plus.









Overall, I do not recommend this product because (personally) it doesn't work for me and it is quite pricey. In addition, this cannot be use as a sunscreen because the SPF is too low, at least for me. It does hydrate the face and mattify my face for a few hours though.

RATING: 3/5
Recommend? No. Not for super oil skin people like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment